Generations for Labradoodles and Goldendoodles
A quick lesson on the generations of Goldendoodles and Labradoodles.
FIRST GENERATIONS: F1
- F1 is a puppy from a Labrador Retriever and a Poodle or a Golden Retriever and a Poodle.
- A Labrador breeds with a Poodle.
- A Golden Retriever breeds with a Poodle
- F1B is a puppy with a from a F1 and or a Multigenerational parent and a Poodle parent.
- Breeding a F1 Labradoodle to a Poodle
- Breeding a F1 Goldendoodle to a Poodle
- F3 is produced by crossing the F1B or F2 Doodle with another F1B or F2 Doodle.
Multigenerational is a puppy with parents from either Labradoodles or Goldendoodles with 3 or more documented generations.
A multigenerational Australian Labradoodle is a puppy with both parents who are Australian Labradoodles.
- Miniature: The average size for a Miniature Labradoodle is between 14 to 17 inches and 15 to 30 pounds.
- Medium: The Medium Labradoodle should be 18 to 20 inches high for a male and 17 to 21 inches high for a female, with both weighing from 30 to 45 pounds.
- Standard: The Standard Labradoodle should be 22 to 24 inches in height for a male and 21 to 26 inches in height for a female, while both can range in weight from 45 to 65 pounds.
GUARDIAN HOMES RedLetter Doodles is always looking for quality Guardian Homes we can trust for our Australian Labradoodles and Goldendoodles. A Guardian Home is where our puppies have been placed in your home where we trust families to love and nurturing them as...
The Goldendoodle is a hybrid that has had a surge in popularity in the last ten years or so. First bred systematically in the 1990s, it is a cross between pedigree Golden Retriever and Poodle parents. Because the Poodle comes in three clearly defined sizes, Toy,...
GOLDENDOODLE HISTORY The Goldendoodle breed originated in Australia and North America during the 1990s. Goldendoodles were bred in hopes of creating a guide dog that was suitable for people with allergies by combining the gentleness and trainability of a golden...
Labradoodles are a relatively new breed of dogs that were first bred by Wally Cochran in 1988. Wally Cochran, of The Royal Guide Dogs in Victoria Australia, was prompted to breed the Labradoodle after receiving a request from a blind woman living in Hawaii. She needed...
It’s important to puppy proof your house before your bundle of joy sniffs out a bunch of trouble. Start by walking your entire house and yard and imagining what a puppy could eat, climb, or pull down, then secure those things. We’ll take you through the basics, below,...
RedLetter Doodles chose to concentrate on miniature and medium size Labradoodles and Goldendooldes, with an occasional litter AKC Labradors. From our personal experience we have found the miniature and medium sized dogs to be the perfect size for families or...
GENERATIONS AND TYPES OF LABRADOODLES First Generation labradoodle are called F1: The result of the breeding of a Labrador retriever to a poodle. These are 50% Poodle and 50% Labrador. These are more prone to shedding. RedLetter Doodles does not breed F1...
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR FAMILY Redletter Doodles offers a lifelong unlimited support system for you and your puppy. After you purchase your puppy we will use all our resources to help assistance you and your puppy any way we can. We have a Facebook Group just for this!...